Peak Construction Corporation Joins Mayor Rudy Clay And The City Of Gary Indiana As Part Of The “New Gary City Center” Redevelopment Project Team
$60 Million dollar redevelopment project to be completed in four phases over a two- to five-year period
Mike Sullivan, president and founder of Peak Construction Corporation, announces that the firm is joining Mayor Clay and The City of Gary, Ind. as part of the New Gary Development Group (NGDG). NGDG consists of a variety of companies from across the Real Estate/Development industry in a joint venture to make New Gary a reality.
“It is an honor to be part of such a talented team. NGDG’s project approach fits right in with Peak’s technique of bringing in experts and partners from a wide spectrum of fields and roles, resulting in successful projects and facilities with maximized short and long-term value. Peak will be responsible for all aspects of the design and construction process on the NGDG Team corresponding to the revitalization and redevelopment efforts breathing new life into the City of Gary,” said Sullivan.
The NGDG joins forces with the GECH Empowerment Zone to provide tax incentives, financing, and technical assistance to those businesses interested in moving to downtown Gary. Project development objectives are as follows:
- Create hundreds of employment and business opportunities
- Encourage the development of more residential housing
- Provide safe and clean environment for citizens and visitors
- Build more green space and environmentally friendly projects
- Add infrastructure and public services
- Expand on current city assets (convention center, stadium, casinos, airport expansion, and access to highways)